Pressure To Be Perfect

Hey Guys x

This is going to be a bit more serious than my usual posts.

People always say that, in society, there is a pressure to be 'skinny' or 'fun' or to have the right clothes or the best hair. I think this all boils down to one thing.

We have a pressure to be perfect.

And this isn't just in society.

Take university, for instance. You will not get in unless you have the required grades and a kick-ass personal statement. If you don't get the grades, you're not considered. If your personal statement isn't that great, you won't get in. In other words, if you're not perfect for the course and the university, you won't get in.

Or when we're making friends. Some of us are convinced that, to make the best friends, we have to be the best versions of ourselves. No stupid jokes, no breaking down, no disagreements. We have to be perfect to have perfect friends, right?

Newsflash: We are never going to be perfect!

You may have a quirk sense of style. You might hate the clothes that the celebrities wear and want to put your own spin on things. My advice is to go for it! Let your differences show.

As for friends, trust me when I say this, in the long run, your best friends will be the ones that you can tell stupid jokes to, the ones that you can cry in front of, the ones who accept your worst self. These are the people that we need in our lives, but we will never find them if we're pretending to be perfect.

We also have pressure with the way that we look. I don't think it's so much a pressure to be 'skinny', but a pressure to be 'just right' in the eyes of society. Right now, to be perfect, you either have to be slim or have curves in exactly the right places.

Obviously most of us don't think that we look perfect. And I'm not going to say that we should all believe that we're perfect, for 2 reasons:

1) Are you going to believe that you're perfect just because I say it?
2) There's nothing wrong with insecurities.

But I want you all to do something.

Pick one thing about you that is perfect. It could be a physical attribute or something about your personality, but just pick something and comment it below.

Comment: 'I Love Me Because...' with the thing that you think is perfect.

I will probably make a follow-up post to this later in the week, but please do this, especially if you feel insecure.

Find something, comment it, and say it to yourself over and over again!

I'll start off: I love me because I have a perfect sense of humour.

Thank you for reading.

Comment what makes you perfect!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. Oh no you took my answer haha, oh well "I love me because I have a perfect sense of wit and sarcasm" x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great thing to love about yourself! I think we have the same sense of sarcasm! xx

      Delete
  2. Well written argument, totally agree! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me because I have a perfect sense of style that is unique to me. Thank you for encouraging this. It's such a small statement, but has so much meaning; a different meaning for each person. I find your view on being perfect for courses/universities in order to get in very interesting; I've never heard it put that way before and it certainly opened up my eyes. No one's perfect, we will never be and I really enjoyed reading what you had to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm so glad that you feel that way! I really appreciate this comment xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List