What Happened To Pick-Up Lines?






Hey Guys x

These images are from the website pickuplinesworld.com, and I think they're so cute, so I picked three of my favourites!

But today, I want to talk about pick-up lines, or rather, the lack of them that I've experienced.

This thought came to be because, lately, I've just noticed how creepy guys on the street are!

For example, this week, I've had a man ask me where I was going - then if he could come with me! Then, when I didn't respond, he told me how 'fine' I was.

Another guy asked me where I lived (!), then told me where he lived (I didn't answer his first question) and then ask me for me number, to which I said no.

I just don't get it. Has anyone ever dated someone because they came up to them and asked them creepy questions?

What happened to those cheesy pick-up lines that we see in those old American movies where the popular guy falls for the geeky girl and live happily ever after because 'they're an unconventional couple, and opposites attract'

I mean, if someone came up to me with some cheesy pick-up line, I'm so much more likely to laugh and think they're cute, than if they come up to me and ask me where I live (I mean, who goes up to someone and asks them where they live anyway??)

And I guess I just... miss romance.

Well, no, not miss romance, I've never had romance. But I miss the movie romance that I've grown accustomed to and fallen in love with. And it's scary to think that maybe this ideal of romance is all in my head and it just doesn't work that way in real life, but I refuse to believe that.

I also have to point out that I don't walk the street looking for guys to pick up - I've actually never gone up to someone in the street, they've come up to me.

But I really want your opinions on this. Do you miss pick-up lines? Do you still get pick-up lines? Do you use pick-up lines on other people?

This is a really interesting topic that I would love to discuss with you guys!

Thank you for reading

Comment below your thoughts on pick-up lines!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I feel exactly the same- I have no idea why people think it's going to work out by asking creepy questions but I find cheesy pick up lines really cute- so they should definitely come back!
    Elise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a guy use a Michael Buble lyric on me as a pick up line... Didn't work lol especially when he thinks he came up with it and I'm like no mate! There is such a big difference between creepy questions and cheesy pick up lines haha but gah some people just bring out ones that aren't cheesy at all! A guy once said and I a quote, "are your parents terrorists? Because you're the bomb?" and immediately I was like that isn't cute or funny at all. Like funny pick up lines which make me laugh are good! Creepy/stupid/plain rude/innapropriate ones are a no from me! Didn't mean for this to be an essay comment hahaha! Em xx

    http://edoublemamurray.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious! I completely agree with you xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

If I Stay | Film Review