Me Before You | Film Review

Image result for me before you movie poster

Hey Guys x

I've just watched this and I'm actually still crying so bear with me!

I read this book ages ago, so I don't know why it took me so long to see the film! Actually, I do. It was one of those things where I was going to watch it with someone (my mum) but ended up watching it alone because they took too long.

And I'm so glad I actually saw it on my own and got to cry in private!

The film is about a girl called Lou Clarke who is in desperate need of a job. So when a well-paying job near her home opens up, caring for a quadriplegic man, she takes it, excited to be making more money. However, when Lou meets Will Traynor, things get off to a bad start. She hates going to work and wonders when, if ever, this insufferable man will give her a chance. But then she stumbles across some information that she shouldn't have found, and decides to make it her mission to give Will the best life possible. However, unbeknownst to her, getting this job will change both of their lives forever.

As you can tell from the crying I previously mentioned, I loved this film!

I didn't have high hopes, I'll be honest. Book-to-film adaptations are never as good when you've actually read the book.

However, this really was. I still enjoyed the book more than the movie, but the book didn't tug at my emotions as much as the film did. The film really made me feel, and it reminded me why I fell in love with movies as a medium of storytelling. Nothing can make you feel things like a movie can.

All of the characters were played extremely well, particularly Lou and Will's characters, played by Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin. They were exceptional, and not for a moment did I question their acting choices.

This is a deep movie that you really have to watch. Not only does it tug at your heartstring and make you feel things for everyone involved, but it makes you put yourself in their situation. It makes you think about what you would do, and I really liked that about it. I still don't know what I would have done in Lou's situation.

I did a blog post ages ago now, about Epic loves, particularly of the fictional variety.

Lou and Will are epic loves. Their paths intertwined and their lives completely changed as a result. They made each other better, brought out the best in each other, it's the kind of love that a lot of people want to have, it's the kind of love that I want. The way that this love was captured on screen was phenomenal, and this definitely doesn't have to mean romantic love, any kind of love. They had the best of it. 

Thank you for reading.

Comment below your thoughts on this film!

Lou xx

Comments

  1. I haven't seen the movie, but I read the book and I LOVED it :)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope that you like the movie then! I thought it was a good interpretation xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'